Sunday, October 05, 2003

exerpts from 'the moments' by jimmy (translation attempted bravely by vicky the linguistic neanderthal)

The Moment

Flowers. They fall slowly.
I give a tiny smile, but it seems a little unnatural.
I worry that when you press the shutter, I will close my eyes.

What else did we do that afternoon? I had forgotten long ago.
I only remember that, as the last petal fell, I gently closed my eyes.

Childhood

Childhood is full of fun and laughter.
Except that I forgot more than I remember.

Taller Than The Sky
At the start, I was only as tall as a mouse. Then I became as tall as the cat.
I am now taller than the penguin, and in the future I will be as tall as the zebra.
Slowly but surely, I will be as tall as the giraffe. And then I will be taller than a dinosaur.

Mom says, when I am as tall as a dog,
I will start to dream, and learn to tell lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home