Wednesday, December 18, 2002


this afternoon, right in front of the taipei train station, a man came up to me with a stack of business cards. he gave me one - it was red, blue and white, proclaiming LEARN US ENGLISH in thick, dark fonts. i looked at it and he asked if i would so kindly do a survey for him. i just did one earlier on, and since i wasn't in a hurry, i agreed.

instead of handing out the survey form and paper, he led me to the mitsukoshi store lift and was about to head in when i stopped outside. he had tried to make small talk earlier on with me, and i didn't feel comfortable at all of heading into a lift alone with a charismatic i didn't know. the entire idea of possibly stepping into the lift with him gave me chills.

of course, it could have been just an innocent survey, or maybe i am thinking too much.

but then again, it could have been something worse, and i do not want to visualize what that might me.

all i can say is that, i'm so glad i did not enter the lift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home