Thursday, March 25, 2004

a peek into the past

April 19th 2002

Vicky's Column

Robbie is currently taking a week-long vacation in the Madagascar, soaking in the warm rays of the equatorial sun.. hehe (jokes) ... in other words he is UNAVAILABLE this week (handphone not getting signal =O) ... so yeah i (the imposter) am standing in this week for him =) hope you guys dont get brain-freeze or something after reading this ... i'm no expert columnist!! heheheheh =) ok here goes nothing .... =O

Last year, my grandfather passed away, early in the morning. My father received a phone call from Taiwan. That's it. No warning nor time to prepare for what was going to happen. Growing up in Singapore, I never really got to know my grandfather well. To me, he was someone that came and went, someone whom I meet, if I'm lucky, once a year. A master of crafting, my grandfather would stoop over his worktable for hours at one go, smoking his pungent cigarette, carving beautiful patterns into the ugliest pebbles, and converting them into little works of art. I had always been curious about the way he makes things work, but never did I get up enough courage to ask. I guess I'll never get to do that now.

Just a few weeks ago, my aunt committed suicide, leaving behind her family. For every single day, my cousin went to bed in tears, blaming herself for not being more obedient, more caring. Most importantly, she regretted not being by her mother's side during the last few days of her life. She had never told her mother how much she loved her and how, despite all the disagreements, that all that she ever wanted was to be a good daughter.

Perhaps we are all guilty of taking things for granted, be it friendship or something of a deeper level, never cherishing something until we lose them. We think that what have been going for us will continue to, everyday. But unfortunately, that isn't so in many cases. People change, and things happen.

Therefore, treasure whatever you have today, show your gratitude and appreciation to the people around you! You wouldn't want to regret later... would you?

IMPOSTER!!--> Vicky taking charge this week=)
xxooxx

--------

no i wouldnt want to regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home