Tuesday, November 25, 2008

wow

i lead a life controlled by the levels of estrogen, with tendencies due to secretions of cortisol, and sleeping habits dictated by melatonin.

my dreams are governed by REM, my fantasies oriented by neurosynaptic transmissions. the food i consume is integrated into my being by enzymes, and my hunger stimulated by the integral activity of insulin and glucagon. heck, the amount i eat is not even within my control, thanks to the all-powerful satiety center.

i am who i am largely because of my frontal lobe, i move because of my precentral gyrus, my speech coordinated by Broca and Wernicke zones, and my world is but a translation of cones and rods, pieces of reflections mirrored by the occipital lobe. what i hear are but vibrations, sweepings of hair, rumblings of membranes.

my inner core is but an atom. which comes and leaves at ease.

~time to eat, end of lesson.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked this medical poem.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home