Monday, October 06, 2008

Come Death Be Kind

by Lorraine Cobcroft

Death come quickly when you come to me
Ask me not to linger, labouring at your door
For I have seen and know too well
The sufferings of those whom you keep waiting on your threshhold.
Open wide your abyss and take me swiftly in
Send no warning when you make your strike
But take me while life's flavour is still full and sweet.
And as you open to swallow me into your darkness
Send out faith and courage to my loved ones as they mourn,
Bright sun to light their days,
A rainbow to give them hope,
A new birth to quickly end their grieving.
But, Death, come not to soon to me,
For I have much to do before I meet you.
Wait.... Wait... Be patient, Death, till I have lived.
I have a dream of life
And I need time to live my dream before I come to you.
This then, Death, above all else,
Let me live, until in death I can truly say,
I did not dream my dream of life in vain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home